Monday, June 20, 2011

Bruins' Victory Parade!

The last five days have been pretty crazy in Boston! The Bruins won the Stanley Cup against the Vancouver Canucks and the city's been buzzing ever since. All weekend the city was filled with ecstatic Bruins fans, here to partake in festivities for one of the biggest victories for Beantown's hockey team in thirty-nine years. 


Line of policemen at Boston Common Wednesday night
On Wednesday night and into the wee hours of Thursday morning, fans flooded the streets downtown to celebrate. Boston and State police were more than prepared, though and were stationed everywhere throughout the area, ready for the worst. On Thursday morning, the Mayor's office scrambled to put together plans for a parade and decided on the route and time for Saturday morning at 11am.


I was lucky enough to be a spectator in the parade, as the route went right through my neighborhood. I actually had to work that morning, but couldn't get to where I needed to be because I couldn't cross Tremont Street! The streets were crowded with hundreds of thousands of fans, crowding sidewalks and large public areas like the Common, City Hall Plaza, and Copley Square. Thankfully, I was able to catch some amazing photos though, so check them out below!




2 comments:

  1. Hey I just stumbled on this site. I just want say keep up the good work. I do ask if you can be a bit more critical of the MBTA. For example, I still think the rehab of GC should take less than 3 years if closed down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! So glad you like the blog! I do agree with you too. Both Aaron and I should be a little more critical I just hate being harsh sometimes. Will defiantly try a little harder in the future!! Hope you keep reading!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...